-->

Joey Essex Female Styling Range

 Joey Essex 
Female Styling Range




Today i'm going to be reviewing the Joey Essex Hair Styling Range.
I was kindly sent these products to try out by HotHouse ltd (the company behind St.Moriz - My Fave Self Tanner!)
Now, i'll be honest - these kind of products aren't something i'd usually buy myself, as i don't really tend to buy celebrity endorsed products (unless i'm literally obsessed with the celeb OR heard amazing things about the actual products!)
At first, i wasn't expecting that much from this range & wasn't even sure if i'd post a review.... However - After trying them out & putting them to the test - 
I was left pretty impressed with these products!
Despite the fact i'm not a No.1 Joey fan, i actually would  buy these products again, purely on the fact i think they are pretty good quality & do what they claim to do!


The products I tried within the Styling Range were:
___________________

•  Extreme Hold Hairspray
Super Shine Spray
• Sea Salt Spray
Volumising Powder
________________________________


     Hairspray

On the Tin:
• Fix it up • Hold it tight • Perfect hair all day long
My Thoughts:
I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to hairspray. I love for it to hold a style well, however HATE the hard 'crispyness' that comes with some hairsprays, and not to mention that awful overpowering, typical 'hairspray' smell!
I was pleasantly surpised with this hairspray. I wouldn't say it was exactly 'Extreme' hold - but it did hold a style really well & best of all it didn't turn my hair all hard & crispy! By the end of the day it was SUPER easy to brush out too - which is great!
It did have a little of the 'hairspray' smell - but was in no way overpowering.
All in all, i really like this hairspray!




Shine Spray    

On the Tin:
• Shine • Replenish • Rescue
My Thoughts:
We all have days when our hair can look a little dry, dull & lifeless. I have tried many 'shine sprays' in the past, but was often left dissapointed because they either ended up drying my hair out, weighing it down too much, felt too sticky or made it look greasy! 
There are two ways you can use this shine spray - spray directly onto your finished style & smooth in, or spray on to your hands and work through the hair.
I tried it both ways & thought either way gave a great result. It was light & gave a gorgeous healthy shine to my hair without weighing it down or making it look greasy! It seemed to tame my fly-aways (from blowdrying!) & smelt really nice too!
Below is a picture of my hair with the shine spray :)

___________________________________________


      Sea Salt Spray

On the Tin:
• UV filters help protect hair • Sea salt gives texture a boost 
• Full bodied finish
My Thoughts:
Long gone are the days where everyone wanted 'poker straight', flat hair everyday. Over the years, effortless, sexy beach waves have become a very popular hair trend. I mean, who wants to spend hours everyday, straightening their hair?! Not to mention the heat damage it does over time. It's so much easier to spray, scrunch & go... no heat, nada! There are many sea salt sprays on the market, but more than often they can be quite drying on the hair & make it feel very brittle/dry. My hair is bleached to a very light/white blonde, so i do have to be careful not to use over-drying products that could damage my hair.
However, i can honestly say this sea salt spray is one of the best i've tried.
The outcome was very natural, and best of all it didn't dry my hair out! It was really easy to use, and is great for when your in a rush! It's also good for 2nd day+ hair (if like me you wake up with those annoying un-even kinks!!-  Which mean you have to either straighten or curl your hair to look socially acceptable.) But instead, you can just use this - simply brush, spray, scrunch & go!
I love this sea salt spray & if you love gorgeous effortless beach waves- then this is a must buy!
- Picture below of my hair with the sea salt spray! :)

___________________________________________


Volumising Powder

On the Tin:
• Big hair • Big volume • Less Backcombing


My Thoughts:
I absolutely LOVE this product! If like me you love BIG, voluminous, fuller looking hair - then this is the product for you! Even though my hair is quite thick, i still like to backcomb every now & then for lots of volume. I just love big hair! However - if you backcomb too much, it can cause some damage to your hair and lead to breakage.
This stuff basically gives you the volume & result of backcombing, without even having to do so! Or - if like me, when you do backcomb - your hair is too soft and 'slinky' to hold the backcomb that well... then this stuff is perfect as it's like a dry shampoo powder, but with added texture... making your hair thicker & fuller!
This is a definite favourite for me out of this range & i will certainly be purchasing this again! My only complaint is i really wish it came in a bigger bottle!








No comments:

Post a Comment